A step towards some change

I am a very simple egyptian girl, who is not satisfied somehow with her society and feels like this specific society deserves more than it gets, and can be the best with little more effort and much more frankness and persistance. "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."(Maya Angelou)

Name:
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Who's fault??!!

"What made people in our society so negative?"
A very tricky question that a friend of mine asked. It is that kinds of questions that is like : which came first, the egg or the hen??! but I've always thought that its just a matter of getting used to the current situation even if it was wrong. My friend told me that in the past people used to be rebellious and when they see something wrong they try to change it. But that doesn't make the old days perfect or so. It is all about what is right and what is wrong. In our "globalization" age youth is getting extremely mixed messages; they watch all day long the american moives and try to copy the life style and yet they can't apply it to our eastern society. Therefore young people become so much torn between the western civilization and the eastern traditions.
Our society have been stereo typed by the government. they are treated like babies and yet they accept it, they are directed like sheeps and accepting that. The act of acceptance deprive those people from any rebellious act afterwards. So any act of rebellion by this"sheeps" will only be treated by violence from the sheperd and afterall the sheep will go back to his herd, as the sheperd orders.
Any way i think that change can't happen easily but it will happen one day. All that is important is not to have a sudden drastic change which could be a shock it has to be so slow and right so that it have its "deep" and "lasting" effect in our society.

4 Comments:

Blogger sandman said...

hey . welcome to the blogging zone

this is from you sandman

12:47 PM  
Blogger alkawnuŘŽayal said...

welcome ya Rory ...i'm glad u have a blog cause ur talented...free some of those ideas residing inside ur head....i'm waiting 2 read ur poems & short stories..:)

pinkblume

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I like your post and I think your constructive criticisim will lead to positive change in our society, if they're followed by ideas, brainstorming and analysis from everyone interested in improving how the egyptians behave and and in getting rid of our negative thinking. I never used to blog (this is my first post to a public blog actually) but what pushed me to look for blogs that are concerned with our society and how we (egyptians) think and behave is that I always felt bad whenever I saw a bad behavior everyday, and always wished I knew the reason why some people behave the way they do. So if you have a blog that's trying to figure out the reasons for all that I'll be glad to join it, and I hope all egyptians contribute to such blogs in order to find the reasons for our negative thinking and behavior, and then we can think about solutions for such problems.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Caring Friend said...

thanks alot "hopeful egyptian" and i'm honoured that my blog is the first one you post for. and the same reason you are talking about that motivated me to creat this blog. our people are very good and positive from inside they only need someone who can get the best out of them and i hope i could make the slightest different in my society because it would mean alot for me and my children afterwards

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home